Promoting an enabling social environment for the integration of internally displaced women (IDW) and improving their living conditions in artisanal and small-scale mining communities in the Center-North and Central Plateau regions.
Date: May 1st, 2022 – December 31st, 2022
Country: Burkina Faso, Center-North and Central Plateau regions
Donnor: French Embassy in Burkina Faso
Implementing partners: ARM and AFEMIB
Promoting social cohesion and improving material living conditions in artisanal mining communities that host internally displaced women
This project is aimed at internally displaced women who are in mining communities due to the dynamics of armed violence in the country.
- Conducting community awareness campaigns on social cohesion, human rights, and the environment.
- Broadcasting of thematic micro-programs
- Training for internally displaced women on selected themes
- Formation of associations of internally displaced women.
- Provision of equipment and training for poultry farming project
- Creation of internally displaced women’s associations
- 120 internally displaced women and 30 natives trained at AGI.
- 125 women trained in business management.
- 208 women were sensitized about the creation of cooperatives.
- 100 women endowed with economic inputs to start their economic activity.
- 4 local community conflict prevention and management observatories were created.
- 4 radio broadcasts on social cohesion, human rights, and environmental protection in artisanal and small-scale mining communities.