The Alliance for Responsible Mining team would like to thank you for your support in 2019. We wish you a successful 2020. We hope that in 2020 there will be more social justice for the improvement of the quality of life for mining communities living in vulnerable situations.
To the miners that strive every day to improve their social, environmental, and labor practices: we send you encouragement to continue advancing on the path of responsible mining. We hope that in 2020 we will come together and find more ways to improve as we have been doing up until now.
To our allies that work daily towards the improvement of the artisanal and small-scale mining sector: we want 2020 to be full of new projects, commitment, and collective effort. We also hope to find ourselves in the spaces that permit dialogue without forgetting the protagonists and the real context of these stories.
The path is not easy, but in the Alliance for Responsible Mining we love challenges! And we want to challenge you!
3 proposals to contribute to the improvement of artisanal mining territories
Are you a miner or artisanal miner or who works on a small scale?
Do you know how to improve your mining activity to be respectful of people who work with you as well as of the environment? Do you perform responsible mining but still have room for improvement?
- Ask and imitate! mining colleagues who are formalized or sell to fair markets: “How did you do it?”. If you do not know any success stories, contact your Mayor’s Office or the Alliance for Responsible Mining (ARM) at gro.1590903637senim1590903637elbis1590903637nopse1590903637r@mra1590903637
- Participate! in the spaces of dialogue and coexistence of your community. If you don’t know where they can be found, ask Natalia Arias (ARM governance) gro.s1590903637enime1590903637lbisn1590903637opser1590903637@sair1590903637aaila1590903637tan1590903637, or if you work in a small mining organization and want advice on how to do it better, contact Andrés Ortega (ARM’s mining organizations specialist) gro.s1590903637enime1590903637lbisn1590903637opser1590903637@aget1590903637roser1590903637dna1590903637
- Get informed! Follow the Alliance for Responsible Mining on social networks to learn how you can improve: Facebook ARM, Twitter ARM, Linkedin ARM / Facebook Fairmined, Twitter Fairmined, Instagram Fairmined
Are you part of a traditional mining community?
Do you know the reality of artisanal and small-scale mining? Do you understand the context in which it is relevant? Have you ever listened to a miner say they want to improve the quality of life of their community? Do you know of any examples of communities where you live with artisanal or small responsible mining?
- Participate! In spaces with miners in your community, get to know them, learn from their reality as well as invite them to learn from yours. If you don’t know what spaces there are in your area, ask Natalia Arias (ARM governance) gro.s1590903637enime1590903637lbisn1590903637opser1590903637@sair1590903637aaila1590903637tan1590903637
- Invite miners! to be part of spaces of dialogue that already exist for the improvement of coexistence in your territory.
- Get informed! Follow the Alliance for Responsible Mining’s social networks to learn how you can improve: Facebook ARM, Twitter ARM, Linkedin ARM / Facebook Fairmined, Twitter Fairmined, Instagram Fairmined to get to know examples on how artisanal and small responsible mining is possible.
Are you part of the gold market and still do not buy Fairmined gold?
Do I know the reality of artisanal and small-scale mining? Do I understand that I can contribute to improving the quality of life of communities with my supply choices? Do I know examples of jewelers, refiners, buyers … who have contributed with their companies to promote artisanal and small-scale mining?
- Get informed! You don’t lose anything, send an email to gro.d1590903637enimr1590903637iaf@o1590903637fni1590903637 and ask what you need to know. What doubts do you have? Would you like to sell Fairmined gold but don’t know how?
- Write to a jeweler! that buys and sells Fairmined gold and ask him/her “how did it go?”. If you want to know who buys Fairmined gold in your country or city, check the Fairmined map out!
- Follow us! Follow the Alliance for Responsible Mining’s social networks to learn how you can improve: Facebook ARM, Twitter ARM, Linkedin ARM / Facebook Fairmined, Twitter Fairmined, Instagram Fairmined to know more reasons why buying Fairmined gold is worth it.
Are you part of the gold market and already buy Fairmined gold?
- Promote Fairmined! Share our stories with your colleagues! The more of us there are, the easier it will be. If you aren’t sure how to get started, send an email to gro.1590903637denim1590903637riaf@1590903637ofni1590903637
- Partner with and contact other licensees! If you want to know who sells Fairmined gold in your country or city, check the Fairmined map.
- Make a progressive supply plan! and put on the challenge of buying 100% Fairmined in 2021. If you don’t know how, send an email to gro.d1590903637enimr1590903637iaf@o1590903637fni1590903637
¿Are you an organization (like ARM) that works for the improvement of the artisanal mining sector (both public and private)?
- Let’s be aware that development does not come immediately, it takes hard work to apply the SDGs and try to understand that traditional mining territories live in very different situations. If you want to know the situation of a territory that the Alliance for Responsible Mining is working in, get in touch with gro.s1590903637enime1590903637lbisn1590903637opser1590903637@zela1590903637znoga1590903637ilata1590903637n1590903637
- Let’s keep listening to the communities and learn with and from them, let’s get rid of merely individual aid!
- Let’s talk, align and cooperate to encourage real improvement. If you want to ally with ARM contact gro.s1590903637enime1590903637lbisn1590903637opser1590903637@spih1590903637srent1590903637rap1590903637
¡Get to know our team here!