© Eduardo Martino
We have developed the Fairmined Standard for Gold and Associated Precious Metals to support sustainable development of Artisanal and Small-scale Mining (ASM) communities.
The standard includes requirements for Artisanal and Small-scale Mining Ortanizations (ASMOs) to perform responsible artisanal and small-scale mining: formal and legal mining operations, environmental protection, labor conditions, traceability of Fairmined minerals, and socio-economic development through the Fairmined Premium. It also outlines market models and requirements for market actors (Fairmined Operators).
The structure of Fairmined Standard v2.0:
- The Fairmined Standard (scope: ASMO’s and first authorized Fairmined buyer)
- Fairmined Market Annex (scope: Fairmined operators and licensees)
- Glossary of terms
FAIRMINED GOLD STANDARD
- Fairmined Standard for Gold from Artisanal and Small-scale Mining, including associated precious metals (V2.0 ARM / 5 April 2014)
- Mechanism for pilot testing of fairmined standard 2.0 amendments
- Pilot amendment project for fairmined incorporated's segregated refining criteria
- Pilot amendment project for the composition rules of fairmined labeled products
- The Fairmined Development Fee Explanatory Document
- Consultation Results Synopsis
FAIRMINED GOLD STANDARD - PREVIOUS VERSIONS
- Standard for Gold from Artisanal and Small-scale Mining, including associated precious metals (V2.0 RC ARM / 1st January 2014 EN)
Available in: English
- Fairmined standard for gold from artisanal and small-scale mining, including associated precious metals (V1.1 ARM 1st May 2013 superseded by the new version 2.0).
Learn more about Fairmined gold.