Capacity development program on the OECD Due Diligence Guidance for Responsible Supply Chains of Minerals in Conflict or High Risk Areas
Date: October 2018 – December 2019
Country of intervention: Colombia
Donor: Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD)
Implementers: Alliance for Responsible Mining, Rosario University, Colombian Mining Observatory and AFAI Consulting.
- Facilitate a better understanding of the recommendations of the OECD Due Diligence Guide and increase confidence in the construction of responsible supply chains.
- We seek to strengthen the adoption and application of the OECD Due Diligence Guide with all the actors in the mineral supply chain in Colombia and stakeholders in relation to it (mining communities, local, national and international buyers, banks, governments , mining companies, civil society organizations)
- Contextualize the sector and support the improvement of practices and management of the national gold sector, as well as strengthen the compliance capabilities of public institutions and civil society organizations.
Colombia. Workshops and traning in Antioquia, Cauca, Choco y Bogota.
- Promote the construction of safe, transparent, verifiable supply chains committed to sustainable development.
- Consolidate the commitment of stakeholders related to the gold supply chain to stay involved in high-risk areas and ensure that their decisions to purchase and supply minerals do not contribute to serious human rights abuses.