ARM Standard Committees are created by the ARM Board of Directors as permanent committees for the development and maintenance of existing and new ARM Standards.
At the moment ARM has one standard committee:
ARM Standard Committees have the mandate to:
- Develop and maintain the ARM Standard assigned to the committee by the ARM Board of Directors, according to the Specific Terms of Reference for the assigned standard.
- Advise the Board of Directors and the Management of ARM on all matters regarding the content of the assigned standard, as well as on relevant supply chain, downstream value chain and commercial issues, to ensure highest quality, consistency and continuous improvement.
- Provide conceptual and technical input for the development and maintenance of the assigned standard and request additional research if applicable.
- Overview the standard-setting and eventual standard-testing processes for the assigned standard.
- Review the proper stakeholder involvement during public consultations.
- Approve final drafts of standards for presentation to the Board of Directors.
- Provide guidance and feedback to accredited certification bodies on the implementation and interpretation of the assigned standard.
- Monitor the appropriateness of the ARM standard-setting procedures, the Generic ToR-SC, and the Specific ToRs of the Standard Committee, and present proposals for amendments as needed.
Additional specific mandates may be assigned to a Standard Committee by the Board of Directors, or by being recommended by the Standard Committee and approved by the Board of Directors.