In January, the Alliance for Responsible Mining (ARM) releases its new Fairmined Connect virtual platform to offer a better user experience to all people willing to connect with the Fairmined Standard. This platform will replace E-Cert, which has been in use since 2015.
Through this new virtual tool, mining organizations, providers and licensees will be able to strengthen their commercial reliability and manage their Fairmined accounts. It will also facilitate the relationship with auditing firms when guaranteeing the compliance with the Fairmined Standard.
Thanks to the new features of Fairmined Connect, the ARM team will be able to easily evaluate the impact of the Fairmined initiative on the responsible artisanal and small-scale mining sector (ASM).
With Fairmined Connect you will be able to…
- Store all of your Fairmined account’s information in a single place.
- Register your Fairmined mineral purchases and/or sales, and agree on the exact information of each transaction with your clients.
- Better know your business, control it and take informed decisions.
- Learn about the requirements and criteria of the Fairmined Standard that you need to meet to get certified or recertified. Inside the platform you will find the dates in which you will need to request an audit and other important information to guarantee the continuity of your Fairmined Certificate, and show the world that you are committed to the responsible artisanal and small-scale mining sector.
- You will have a greater autonomy to update your company information and that of your points of contact.
- It will ensure the safety of your information. Fairmined Connect will have SSL/TLS Certificates, authentication encryption and it will make periodic backups of the database and audit logs.
- It is a friendly and intuitive platform. We improved the look & feel of the system to give you a better user experience.
- It will no longer be necessary to register and confirm your purchases one at a time. You will be able to load a list of all of your Fairmined transactions in an Excel file.
- There will be a new alert system to know the status of your transactions.
- You will be able to prepare personalized reports of your Fairmined purchases and/or sales using multiple filters.
- You will receive automatic mails reminding you of the responsibilities and duties that you need to fulfill in relation to the Fairmined Standard.
- The platform will have a help section where you will be able to talk to a member of the Alliance for Responsible Mining team in real time.
- You will be able to configure the platform in the language of your choosing. Fairmined Connect will be released in Spanish, English and French.
- New users will be able to file for the Fairmined Certification using the platform.
All Fairmined users will be sent more information through the mail firstname.lastname@example.org with instructions to enter the platform.
Soon you will be able to connect with Fairmined Connect!